Mothers have an unspoken bond with their children that are formed even before the child enters the world. Moms know best from the minute they set eyes on their beautiful child. From then on, there is nothing anyone can do to separate the mother from her newborn.
You’d spend hours with your child, watching them sleep, their tiny feet and fingers move, their cute burps, their little noses, or their beautiful eyes. Your infant is picking up on this love and affection, but how can you know?
You know they cry when they’re hungry or need their nappies changed, but these don’t exactly sign that they understand the love you’re giving them. Here are a few ways children show their acceptance and reciprocation of love:
1. Eye contact: When your baby looks at you with wide eyes, it is more than just curiosity. Even with developing eyesight, babies can see and feel their mothers, and if they stare back at your face steadily means that they’re reading your ways: Your child is probably showing you affection.
2. Giggling: Babies usually laugh or giggle randomly when they see something fascinating. As cute and melty as it can be, it is more than simply being amused. If your kid giggles a lot around you, especially when you’re playing with them it means they enjoy your presence. They are comfortable around you and adore you, enjoy to have fun and laugh and be merry.
3. Turns to you: When you’re sitting away from your child, do they turn towards you and squiggle around their crib to see you? This is a sign that your child likes looking at you and wants to be around you. If they instantly notice your voice as you enter the room, they are showing you affection. Studies have shown that since the moment of the child’s birth, they recognize their mother’s voice because of the strong bond they share. Moms know best how their child responds around them.
4. Facial Expression: Your child is fond of you and their face will light up as soon as you are near them or pick them up. They will show physical signs like kicking you, smiling and giggling, babbling calmly, trying to hold your face with their small hands and things like that. This is a reaction to the excitement they feel when they see you.
5. Comfort: A baby could be crying all day long, but when the mother picks the child up, the baby instantly quiets down. Mothers have a special touch that their children respond to actively. They completely relax around you, in your arms and go to sleep almost instantly when you sing lullaby for them. This indicates how much they love you and are comfortable with you.
6. Separation: When a child is always close with its mother, the separation anxiety they have when you’re not around for longer than they’re used to, is heartbreaking. They will refuse to sleep or stop crying if you’re not in eye-sight because they miss you so much and feel the shake in their comfort level when you’re not there.
Children adore their mothers. They know the fact that moms know best. When you’re around them you feel all the joy in the world no matter how little sleep you’ve got or how tired you feel. When they’re away from you; both you and your child feel disoriented and shaken up. That is the immensely deep bond between a mother and her child.
Mothers never doubt the unconditional love they feel for their babies, but it’s natural to wonder if your little one loves you back. Pay close attention to how your infant reacts to your touch, voice, and presence, and you won’t have to wonder anymore! Their love will be clear and irreparable.